PHILOSOPHY, IDEAS, DREAMS – AND YUMMY FOOD!
Fools of Desire (F.O.D) is an exciting and vibrant new licensed café in the heart of Rangiora. Serving you breakfast,brunch and lunch, F.O.D operates with a focus on sourcing local and seasonal produce, and using free range, fair trade, organic and ethical products!
• Recognising the increased concern over our environment the Cafe has installed solar panels on the building’s roof, and we have made provision to expand our solar panels as we can afford it, as well as installing 100% LED lighting. We challenge other local businesses to do the same!
• Our customers are passionate about supporting the Rangiora community. So as a Cafe we buy local, seasonal ingredients, sourcing from our cafe garden when possible, and designing our menu around that local, seasonal produce. You can enjoy free range chicken, local free range eggs, bread from a local baker, non-homogenised milk from our friendly, local dairy farmer, duck from Cantervalley Farms, Lovat venison from Greta Valley, Karikaas cheese from Loburn as well as a huge range of local vegetables and many organic and spray free. This is the heart and soul of our menu!
• Beer, wine and cider drinkers have not been forgotten! There is an amazing craft beer and local wine selection. The majority of our beers and ciders are either Canterbury or South Island. We also have a strong showing of Waipara Wines including well-known local producer Ataahua Wines.
• As a locally owned business we don’t have to answer to a corporate model or a franchise system, that means we can be different. Our milk is a good example of that. The product is fresh, has minimal processing, is local and we have even visited the cows! We try to visit as many of our suppliers as we can to see exactly how they grow their produce and raise their animals!
• The kids will love the first live beehive in a Canterbury café. Built inside the Café, it is a fully functioning beehive. We use local honey throughout our menu, in place of sugar, and even use the honey comb as part of our home made crumpets for breakfast!
• Over the summer we are able to provide a large range of fresh vegetables to the Café from our own cafe garden and tunnelhouses. Having our own garden also means we can compost all of the Café scraps, even the meats using the unique ZingBokashi compost system which was developed by a local Canterbury farmer. We are aiming for a zero waste!
We would love to hear feedback from you, suggestions about what you would like to see, maybe even like us on Facebook, but definitely tell your friends about us!
Thanks from Elisa and the team at Fools of Desire